This is your gateway to the most comprehensive database on the Web of nationally (ABHES or CAAHEP) accredited Medical Assistant programs. There are a few ways to search this data.
1. If you want to see all of the 2-year (Associate Degree) programs, click on "Associate Degrees" in the red menu bar above.
2. If you want to see all of the 1-year (Certificate or Diploma) programs, click on "Diplomas/Certificates" in the red menu bar above.
3. If you want to find programs near your ZIP code, use the "Quick Search" box at the top right corner of the page.
4. If you want to browse programs by state, use the links below to access the individual state pages. These pages contain detail on the state itself (links and data for each state) as well as more detail on the individual schools in that state that offer Medical Assisting Programs.
The schools listed on this site all have their own requirements for admission and for completing the program. It’s a good idea to request information from a number of them, so you can compare them and find the one that best fits your specific background and needs.
Some of the key things to ask the schools about include:
1. Previous Schooling: All programs will typically require a high school diploma or GED.
2. Start Dates: Start dates vary based on the type of program. Certificate and Diploma programs will usually have more start dates to choose from than Associate Degree programs.
3. Class Times: Many programs will have separate daytime and evening class programs that take different lengths of time to complete. Make sure to ask when and where classes will be offered to confirm that it works with your schedule.
Again, all of this varies by school, so you will need to speak with each school individually to understand the school’s exact requirements and how they may affect you.
If you see any errors or omissions in these listings, please use the "feedback" tab or email us. Enjoy!